Over 400 million pairs of denim jeans are sold in the United States each year. Over 90% of these jeans are washed and/or pre-treated. Raw denim also know as “dry denim” for it’s incredibly hard and untreated texture makes up the other 10% of the market.
One of the best producers of raw denim right now is Cult of Individuality based out of Los Angeles. They launched in 2009 and have quickly become one of the leaders in the denim industry. These days you can see many celebrities such as Hilary Swank, Joe Jonas, Enrique Iglesias, Alessandra Ambrosio, Jessica Biel, and Josh Duhamel regularly rockin Cult of Individuality.
The fine folks over at Cult of Individuality were kind enough to send me a pair to test drive. Here I’m wearing their Rocker Slim in Dry. As per their website, the Rocker Slim in Dry are a well-made, no nonsense raw denim that has some weight to it and looks and feels great. I absolutely love these jeans (wore them 4 days in a row). You’ll notice that the more you wear them the better they’ll start feeling.
Feel free to check out Cult of Individuality at better department stores, specialty boutiques or online. Also, stay tuned for my Cult of Individuality GIVEAWAY (coming soon) for a chance to score a pair of these dope jeans for yourself.
Jeans by Cult of Individuality, Jacket/Cardigan by H&M, Shirt by Uniqlo, Boots by Kenneth Cole
Photography by Ariel D. Romero